February 19, 2012

Scotch Laminator Review!

Ever since I started to craft, I always found myself wishing that I had a laminator. I would always find myself in some sort of a situation where a laminator would have made everything a whole lot easier. Well, my most recent crafting endeavor was making file folder games for Luke. I really wanted to make something that was educational, but would be fun for him too. Of course, it left me needing a laminator again and I've been very lucky to be able to try out the Scotch Thermal Laminator!

Professional-quality laminating machine for home or office use. Laminates items up to 9 in wide and pouches up to 5 mil thick. Photo safe.

If you search the web for free file folder games, you can find more than enough to keep you busy for awhile. You can even find some great ones on Pinterest. I have even been lucky enough to find holiday themed ones as well! I'll give you the links at the end of this review.

The Scotch Thermal Laminator uses these laminating pouches.




They come in a variety of sizes so you can laminate everything from 4x6 to 8.5 x 11!

Luke is very into clocks and telling time. He loves to wear his new Toy Story watch and he even got a book at the library on telling time. I found a great printable file folder game that had a clock that you could cut out and put together. I knew this would be one that he would love, and would probably want to carry around with him forever! (no kidding)

So, I found my telling time game from Mr. Printables (I'll leave all the links to free file folder games at the bottom) and I printed out the pages that I wanted.
Although this entire game is great, I only printed out the ones I needed for the analog clock because the rest was too advanced for Luke.

Once I had them printed out, I inserted my paper into the laminating pouches and ran it through the laminator. All you have to do is turn it on and let it warm up. You insert your pouch, sealed side down, and it automatically starts going through the machine and out comes a perfectly laminated sheet of paper!

I loved that the lamination on these were very thick, thicker even than the laminator that we use at the school, which means that the items that you are laminating will last so much longer. It was very quick too, and I still can't get over how easy it was!

Once my paper was laminated I cut it out and assembled my clock. I love it because Luke will actually be able to move the hands around and play pretend with it. I really think he will be thrilled! And the fact that the lamination is so thick, it should last through all his playing!

It even has a sun and moon and he can put it in the circle at the top depending on what time it is. This is really a simple version of a file folder game, and you can find them on everything from letters, to animals, to early writing skills like tracing a line.

I am very happy with the Scotch Laminator, and the price is so budget friendly at around $30 on Amazon, you can't beat that for a nice quality laminator! And the uses for this are endless! My next project is definitely going to be more file folder games, but I also want to do a family binder too.

Here are some links to some free file folder game sites, if you would like to make your own:
Mr. Printables (where I found the telling time game)

You can check out the Scotch Thermal Laminator HERE to find out more about it, read reviews and find a retailer near you!

I received the mentioned laminator for review purposes only and no other compensation was received. These are my own honest opinions.



0 comments: